Qualified persons are invited to apply for position of a Full Time Police Officer. Applications are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM at the Heidelberg Borough Building, 1631 East Railroad Street, Heidelberg PA 15106. Application Fee is $50. Heidelberg Borough Manager at above address must receive completed applications no later than 3:00 PM, on Friday, February 8, 2019. EOE
- All applicants must have reached their 21st birthday before the deadline for submitting completed applications.
- All applicants must be within fifteen (15) air miles or reasonable driving distance from the Borough and maintain this residency distance requirement, if hired and during employment.
- All applicants shall possess a diploma from an accredited high school or a graduate equivalency diploma. College degree preferred, but not required.
- All applicants must be a United States citizen.
- All applicants must be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a police officer.
- All applicants, prior to appointment, must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license issued by The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- All applicants must be Act 120 certified with an active, current MPT card.
Written and Physical Testing
February 19, 2019 at 10:00 am. Testing will be held at the Police Training Academy – 700 West Ridge Drive, Allison Park, PA 15101.
Any applicants or other persons who believe that they are aggrieved by the actions of the Commission, in refusing to examine or to certify them as eligible after examination, may request a hearing before the commission. Within 10 days after such request, the commission shall designate a time and place for the hearing which shall be conducted pursuant to the procedures set forth in the Local Agency Law, 2 Pa. Cons. Stat. §101 et seq. The applicant or aggrieved party must make their request for a hearing in writing within 10 calendar days of the date when the party knew or should have known of the Commission’s action, which is being challenged.